Monday, May 10, 2010

Water concerns in Norman

After reading Asia Scudder's article, "Beyond the Tap: Could we run out of water" I am still unconvinced that there is an actual problem.

First, I do not live in Norman, so I am not affected by the issue--or non-issue--directly. With that being said, I would think a significant overuse of water in the area would be a serious problem. So this leads me to ask questions. First, why have I not heard anything about a possible drought in Norman? If the consumption of water is as significant as Asia Scudder claims, why is the city of Norman not doing anything about it?

I think I really need more data on the situation to understand fully the extent of the problem. I don't feel that Asia did a sufficient job convincing me. There was a lack of appeal of any kind to make me care about the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment