Sunday, May 16, 2010

response to Hunter's blog: Politcal Cartoon Analysis

I am one of the millions of people that are on facebook many times a day. It started out as a casual way to reconnect with people that I had either lost track of or those that lived far away. It was a way to catch up with those that I do not regularly get to see, show them what is going on in my life and share memories and photos. It now has turned into a way to stay updated with EVERYONE! People that I work with every day are now communicating with me on facebook. It is quite ridiculous, actually, since I see these people 5 days a week and have the opportunity to talk often.

Now facebook has gone further by having things such as games--or applications--to pass the time. There are virtual farms, restaurants, villages, theme parks, zoos, etc. It has become an epidemic that people have to get on facebook on a deadline because crops have to be harvested, food has to be served or animals must be tended to. Wow, what happened to reality? If you want to be a farmer, plant something!

Hunter's blog about this cartoon depicting the "face" of facebook differing from what is really on facebook was both intriguing and thought provoking. It makes me think about how I live my life and how much time and energy do I waste on facebook when I can be living my life in reality.

I appreciate this insight and may considering closing up my facebook cafe, selling my facebook farm and setting free all of my facebook zoo animals to be returned to the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment