Thursday, February 4, 2010

Response to C.L. George's blog

I am normally not a political person. I know that is embarrassing to say. Judge me if you wish. I think I am uncomfortable with all the opposing views and the debating. I don't really even keep up with what is going on with the war. I have a few friends that are in the military, a couple of which are currently deployed, so I do try to keep tabs on how they are doing. Other than that, I am pretty ignorant to the current state of affairs.

The shooting at Ft. Hood, however, was so close to home that I kept up with the news reports surrounding the tragedy. Mr. George's comments on the topic were very interesting. I believe, like Mr. George does, that there must be personal responsibility taken when something of this caliber happens. I think one of the problems with America today is we are always looking for someone else to blame.

I appreciate what Mr. George and all of the other men and women who are currently serving in our armed forces. I hope that the government starts to "practice what they preach" and quit looking for someone to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment