Sunday, April 18, 2010

Response to LaDonna's unit one experience

LaDonna I too had trouble finding scholarly articles. I actually had a hard time settling on a topic to begin with. I decided to go with a political/social issue. Once I decided to do that, I waffled (is that an actual word or something I made up?) back and forth on what to write about. I think in general I am not moved by much. I know there is a word for that, but I can't think of it now. The opposite of empathetic. Umm, well I am sure I will come up with it at some point. Anyway, I digress.

LaDonna's information about emissions and the IPCC were very interesting. I have always just taken assumed that man made emissions were the prime factor in the increase of global warming. I remember in the 90's while in Junior high we were all told to not use aerosol hairspray. I know that is lame, but at the time that was the worst thing you could have told me! Sad, I know. But to tell a 13 year old she can't use aerosol hairspray was the same as telling me I was going to have to sew my own clothes out of potato sacks! So I just assumed that all of the harmful man-made emissions were what was causing all global warming.

It is incredibly interesting to me that these findings are NOT based on scientific fact! Wow. Maybe I should question more and believe less. I think LaDonna's blog will lead me to do more research on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment